Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Almost there

My mom says it's totally different but I feel like I am going to a party with people I don't know without my own car, so I am stranded. It sucks. But I am starting to feel less anxious a little bit. Right now I'm mostly anxious about getting all my last minute things packed, forgetting important items, and spending quality time with everyone before I go. It makes me anxious that lots of people want to see me before I leave...I feel like there is not enough time in the day to see everyone and pack and chill out a bit. I need some time to collect myself! But really I do want to see everyone.

I am taking little momentos of my family to remind me of them...so if you are reading this and I don't have something from you, hook it up! I am taking a little clay box that my dad made, a picture in a frame of me and Jare, and my prayer beads to remind me of home and keep me grounded. Plus I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of praying!! I am taking a photo album with all my friends, family, and each puppy and lizard. You are probably in there and don't even know it. And most importantly, I am taking my mom's 22 year sobriety chip that she presented me with 2 years ago (she has 24 years now. GO MOM!!!!) at CA. It will remind me that medical school is a small feat compared to what she went through to get sober, while raising 2 kids all alone, maintaining 3 jobs and going to school full time. What an amazing woman my momma is. I should be so lucky to turn out like her. That chip will help me get through all of this.

I am really bummed that I don't have one of my grandpa's lucky rocks that he carried around in his pocket for probably 40 years. I miss him like crazy and wish he could be here now. Maybe he is.

My cute girl Cyrus left me her own momento too. While packing I found a bone buried in my clothes and had a big meltdown. I love that girl. I left it there.

I have some great friends. In the last week I had a dinner party, went out with my friends, and last night Ty and Jare cooked us dinner at Ty and Jennies. I love all these crazy people in my life. I'll include some pics in this post...I have hundreds so I'll narrow it down to a few or ten ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment