Sunday, March 20, 2011

Isn't it obvious?












I don't want to go because of these people. I'm not going to lie and say that I'm excited when I'm not. I may be a Negative Nelly right now, but I am being honest. I am terrified. Any other person would probably be excited to leave and experience another culture...but I've always gone against the grain anyway. I'm not a conformist in any way. I believe my beliefs and values are the reason I was accepted to this medical program. I was brutally honest in my interview...talking about how I was raised by a single mother, my father was incarcerated, and I was a non-religious person living in state that highly values religion.

I have been through many hardships in my life. And I have experienced more deaths in my 25 years than a person should experience in a lifetime. I chose this career so that I can help people live long, happy and fulfilling lives. The value of human life is inestimable. I have to keep reminding myself of this, or I won't go!

Jare and the family threw me an amazing party. His cute mom and sister decorated the church tables all in purple (my fav color), and if that wasn't enough, they got me Cadbury eggs and made me blonde brownies. My three vices in life (ok...I have a temporary 4th, until I can get my anxiety under control) are treats, the best being cadbury eggs, fine coffee, and diet coke with lime! Gosh I hope they have DCL in the Bahamas and the Dominica. Oh, Mare and Brent were sweet enough to purchase all the delicious food for my party too (Thanks again you guys...love you)...and plenty of DC and fresh cut limes. I love my family. Originally I had intended for this blog to be for other students wanting to go to medical school, but I'm starting to realize that my love for my family might be kind of boring to other people...so maybe it'll just be a blog for you guys ;)

Cute Jare was so considerate and got me fruits, veggies, and a main course since I'm such a pain and require a "well-balanced meal" for dinner! Although I drive him nuts, he still caters to my quirky habits (demands lol). He picked out tons of fruit and veggies, including my favorite salad, made his delicious home-made enchiladas, a spin-off of skootchiladas ;), and cut up lots of limes for diet coke. And he planned the whole shebang! I love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment